Fire Stop Kit For 2″ PVC Tubing Only
Some local building jurisdictions are requiring Fire Stop Collars where the CVS pipe enters the garage area. This is a low cost, UL approved effective solution.
The VPK-2 is specifically designed to fit nominal 2″ diameter Type II high-impact PVC vacuum tubing. Do not use the VPK- 2 on metallic vacuum tubing. A minimum 1 /8″ to maximum 3/16″ annular space is required between the pipe and the periphery of the opening to accommodate wrap strip.
This kit contains the following items:
- 7″ long x 1-1 /2″ wide. x 1 /8″ thick SpecSeal® RED2 Wrap Strip
- 9″ long x 1-1/2″ wide 3 mil aluminum foil tape
- 0.6 in3 SpecSeal® Putty
1. Install wrap strip around plastic pipe and butt seams. Wrap strip may be temporarily held in place with tape. (See Fig. 1)
2. Encircled wrap strip with aluminum foil tape provided. (See Fig. 2)
3. Slide wrap strip along pipe into annular space until exposed edge projects 1/4″ from wall or ceiling surface. (See Fig. 3)
4. Apply a minimum 1/4 in. diameter “rope” of putty at the interface of the wrap strip and the wall or ceiling interface. (See Fig. 4)
Important Notice: All statements, technical information, and recommendations contained herein are based upon testing believed to be reliable, but the accuracy and completeness thereof is not guaranteed.
WARRANTY: Specified Technologies Inc. manufactures its goods in a manner to be free of defects. Should any defect occur in its goods (within one year), Specified Technologies Inc., upon prompt notification, will at its option, exchange or repair the goods or refund the purchase price.
Limitations and Exclusions: THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER REPRESENTATIONS EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR USE) AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL SPECIFIED TECHNOLOGIES INC. BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL PROPERTY DAMAGE OR LOSSES. PRIOR TO USE, THE USER SHALL DETERMINE THE SUITABILITY OF THE PRODUCT FOR ITS INTENDED USE, AND THE USER ASSUMES ALL RISKS AND LIABILITY FOR SUBSEQUENT USE. No statement or recommendation not contained herein shall have any force or effect unless in an agreement signed by officers of seller and manufacturer.